Company involved in training strategies, design, delivery, evaluation and management company for health science, real estate, insurance, banks, retail, municipal government and other industry clients.
- Hands-on coaching and management of a team of 6 Learning and Development Specialists/Instructional Designers responsible for all operational learning initiatives within all Operational Lines.
- Continuous management and coaching process in between; involving inspiration and leadership, identification and communication of opportunities for continuous improvement, as well evaluation of team performance and strategies to improve on learning gaps. Conducted needs analysis using the ADDIE model.
- Developed facilitators through pilot programs or train-the-trainer workshops, and by providing coaching / feedback as necessary.
- Monitored the performance of facilitators to check that training programs are in line with approved training materials and procedures.
- Built strategic alliances with key stakeholders, both internal and external to identify points of leverage, enable leadership and management performance interventions, new employee onboarding and orientation, sales training, needs assessments and development of learning plans, career development plans and career exit plans.
- Provided customer-centric solutions to businesses in terms of performance assessments, training recommendations and design, e-learning and distance education, collaboration in training, and measuring training effectiveness.
- Identified duplication, underutilized and misallocation of resources, and unnecessary delays to minimize cost and maximize revenue while effectively managing staff through organizational change.
Hired originally as Compliance Manager for Keybase, promoted to interim Chief Compliance Officer of Argosy within six months. Mandated to review and interpret regulations under the Mutual Fund Dealers Association of Canada (MFDA), and to ensure compliance in the rapidly changing mutual funds environment.
- Managed project plan, budget, structure, schedule and staffing requirements to form the new compliance department.
- Lead and managed a team of Compliance Officers and Operational Administrators and worked closely with Branch Managers across Canada to promote a culture of risk management and compliance throughout all levels within the organization.
- Assessed individual and team’s knowledge and skills to identify learning gaps by setting performance objectives, delivered on-going feedback and conducted mid-year/final performance reviews.
- Educated and trained Financial Advisors and Branch Managers, ensuring that clearly defined lines and standards of accountability were implemented and adhered with.
- Designed, developed & delivered regulatory compliance training courses for classroom, Instructor-led online, and eLearning.
- Developed and instituted analytical and prediction tools for suitability and risk assessment, compliance procedures, and internal audit using raw data to identify patterns and build compliance models.
Joined company as an associate and promoted within five months to oversee a team of brokers. Promoted to Quality Assurance Manager/Trainer as a result of proven knowledge and successes in developing a team of top-performers.
- Defined and developed training strategy for call center including capital markets and front office functions training. Also provided the leadership for the quality control for all the agents.
- Coached and mentored subordinates, identified training needs and recommended appropriate development programs.
- Managed the training delivery process to ensure organization effectiveness and development, as well as improve workflow.
- Liaised with vendors, suppliers and cross-departmental colleagues to achieve desired business results, planned profitability levels, quality standards and highest-level client satisfaction.